Santa Rosa crews extinguish residential fire early Wednesday

(BCN) — Santa Rosa crews contained a residential fire caused by oily rags early Wednesday morning, fire officials said.

The Santa Rosa Fire Department said that around 1:35 a.m., it received a call that a garage was on fire and a house was filling with smoke at the 4700 block of Hillsboro Circle. Crews arrived and found smoke coming from a garage of a one story house.

Firefighters quickly entered the residence to check if the fire had reached the living area and search for any occupants still inside. According to the fire department, the blaze had not yet spread into the living area and was isolated to the attached garage. The occupants had also been awakened by their smoke detector and were able to escape without injury before the firefighters’ arrival.

According to fire officials, the blaze was brought under control in 15 minutes. Its cause was determined to be accidental, caused by discarded oily rags.

Damage to the home is estimated to be $20,000, the fire department said.

Copyright © 2024 Bay City News, Inc.

#Santa #Rosa #crews #extinguish #residential #fire #early #Wednesday

Leave a Comment